Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ted Ray fantastic health professional


If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online.

 

Share this: 
peninsula acupuncture | Two Minutes for Your Health
Dear Alan,
August 2013
From the Desk of Ted Ray
Next week my family and I are headed for a trip down south to visit friends in L.A. and Santa Barbara. Before you get too worried about me, you should know that I'm actually from L.A. and speak fluent Angelino: "Yes, we should totally get together- unless I get a better offer." So, I should be just fine.
For August, I thought I would do a consumer-ish version of this newletter and share with you a few of the products I use myself and often recommend to patients. I was going to call it my 'Favorite Things' issue, but then I would have to buy each of them for the 600 or so people on this mailing list:-).
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Yours in Health,
Ted
 
 
Trigger Point Rollers
Available both from Amazon and Trigger Point Therapy, these compact and tough foam rollers can take a beating. This foam roller has a hard plastic core and 3 different surfaces to mimic fingertips, fingers, and the palm of your hand.
I use it personally to recover from running on pavement or too loosen my back and shoulders from too may pull-ups (see below).
I recommend this product for my patients to use for shoulder injuries, IT Band issues, Achilles tendonitis, and knee pain. As an added benefit, this particular roller is compact enough to take with you wherever you go! Give it a try. You'll be glad you did.
 
 
P90X2
This program is certainly not for everyone, but it has completely changed my own fitness level.
As I have backed off of running over the years, I have begun to replace pure cardio workouts with  more resistance training and plyometrics (jump training). The results have been that I feel stronger, more stable, and less prone to injury. That said, I do take breaks from this program, and have had to modify it when my right knee gives me trouble.
This program incorporates significant core work, yoga, stretching, as well more traditional weight lifting exercises including pull ups. If you have any questions about, you can learn more at BeachBody.com. The best part about it is that you can do it at home in your living room or garage.
 
 
Perfect Foods Bar
When I asked my friend and nutritionist Craig Lane for a recommendation on a food bar that wasnt' full of chemicals and sugar, he recommended the Perfect Foods Bar.
Made from natural ingredients by a family company in San Diego, this company is doing it's best to put great products on the market. I've tried the Almond Butter version and can say that it is delicious. 
For those of you looking for additional options, I am also a fan of the Warrior Meal and Defender Meal bars from Core Foods as well as the MACROBAR from gomacro. Both the Perfect Food Bars and Core Bars are available online or in the refrigerated sections of Whole Foods near the produce.
 

August Special SAVE 10% off any bottle of Isoquercetin
Quercetin is great for treating allergy symptoms in both adults and kids.
The tiny 100mg capsules are also easy to swallow.
 
 
 
WE WON!
I guess my $10,000 check made to the The Voice just in time! Just kidding of course.
Thanks to all of you who voted for me in the MV Voice Best Of Mtn. View Competition! Peninsula Acupuncture won for the category of Best Acupuncurist.
 
 
 
The Pain & Agony of Plantar Fasciitis!
If foot pain is getting in the way of exercise and spending time doing what you love, you should consider acupucnture.
I have personally overcome this issue and can help you to do the same. Please call or email me if this issue is affecting you.
 
 
Contact Us
 
BE A GOOD SPORT OL' CHAP AND GIVE US A RING!
O: 650-564-9002
OFFICE HOURS:
Mon-Thu: 9:30am- 6:00pm
Friday: 9:15am-4:00pm
Closed for lunch 1:15-2:15
Ted Ray, L.Ac.
Mountain View, CA 94040
Ph: 650-564-9002
info@peninsulaacupuncture.com

Peninsula Acupuncture is a patient-focused
clinic offering a full range of Traditional
Chinese Medical techniques including
acupuncture, herbs, cupping and tui na.
 
© 2008-2009 Peninsula Acupuncture, Ted Ray, L.Ac., DNBAO
2500 Hospital Drive, Bldg. 3, Mountain View, CA 94040 (650) 564-9002
 
This email was sent to alanrussell@princetoncap.com. To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or safe list.

manage your preferences | opt out using TrueRemove®.

Got this as a forward? Sign up to receive our future emails.
powered by emma

 

No comments:

Post a Comment