Thursday, August 1, 2013

Gin party at Cin-Cin who wants to go?


August, 01, 2013
Enjoy 50% off all wines by the Bottle
every Monday!
         
Friends of Cin-Cin:  
The origins of Gin are a bit blurry, but most scholars agree that it is of Dutch origin. The liquor derived from grain and flavored with juniper berries was so enjoyed by the British troops during the Dutch war of independence that they made the drink their own. Along with juniper berries, many assorted botanicals lend a hand in creating layers of taste that evolve with each sip. Orange peel, lemon zest, coriander, and clove are just a few of characters you’ll find in the finer gins.
Gin’s history and cultural impact has graced us with many memorable quotes. Here are a few favorites:
My longevity is because of red meat and gin. - Julia Child
A perfect martini should be made by filling a glass with gin then waving it in the general direction of Italy. – Noel Coward
The proper union of gin and vermouth is a great and sudden glory; it is one of the happiest marriages on earth, and one of the shortest lived. – Bernard DeVoto
My first experience with Gin, was a Gin was in my early 20’s. On a summer day, my dad made me my first Gin and Tonic. While I thought it was refreshing and interesting (so this is what grown-ups drink on a summer afternoon), I didn’t appreciate the juniper berry taste. Fast forward, now in my 40’s I was hesitant about trying Gin again. A couple of patient and savvy bartenders told me I should try it again. Enter Blade Gin – that was the first Gin I enjoyed …then Hendricks (thanks to the bartenders at Mama’s Fish House on Maui) and then Nolet’s Gin (thanks to a recent spirits tasting event). I am sure there are others out there like me – people that are hesitant about Gin. Give Gin another chance…..~Lisa
Taste and Explore a Variety of Gins at Cin-Cin’s Gin Event August 17th.

 
Cin-Cin! (To Your Health)
  ~ Lisa                                                                     
About Cin-Cin:
Open For Dinner: Monday - Saturday
Monday - Thursday, 4:00 - 10:00 p.m.  Late night dining Friday and Saturday, open until 11:00 p.m.
More than a wine bar with small plates, Cin-Cin offers sophisticated dining, innovative cocktails and an International wine list. Reservations available through OpenTable or 408.354.8006. Visit www.cincinwinebar.com for our full menu.

Check us out:

                                     
 
 

 

Share this Email »

To remove your address from this list, please unsubscribe. Mailing Address: 368 Village Lane, Los Gatos, CA 95030.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment