Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Your two biggest excuses from my kick ass coach

Your two biggest excuses

by Vicki Garcia on August 9, 2013
Hard truth #14
I’ll get right to the point. Excuses. We all use them and we probably call them legitimate reasons, not excuses. Every excuse has a grain of truth to it. The problem comes when we take that grain of truth and use it as a way to keep ourselves stuck in our comfort zones.
Here are the top 2 excuses of all time…..ready….in no particular order….
1. I don’t have time
2. I don’t have money
I know, I can see you rolling your eyes right now. You’re thinking, ‘but I really don’t have time and/or money’. Right? I thought the same thing.
The truth is, we have time for anything that is important to us. Think about it. If something is truly important and meaningful to you, there is always time for it.
The truth is, we have money for anything that is truly important to us. We choose how we spend our time and our money. The money excuse was really hard for me to wrap my mind around. I BELIEVED my excuse down to my deepest core. That doesn’t make it true…
I’m not implying that we all have an unlimited amount of money to spend on whatever grabs our attention. I am saying that within your means, you have a choice of what you spend your money on.
I’ll give you an example from my life. When I decided I wanted to get a coaching certification, I ran into a wall when it came to the cost. I kept saying, ‘I can’t afford it. I don’t have the money’. Well, I kept saying this for 18 months. I held myself back for 18 months!
Now, during this time, I was working with a coach who was helping me see myself and my fear more clearly. She kept telling me that I was using money (or lack thereof) as an excuse. I finally had a huge realization. She was right. I realized that I could choose to spend my money differently than I had been. The truth was, I didn’t have to drive the car I drove. I didn’t even have to live where I lived. I didn’t have to spend my money on the items I chose to buy each month or the bills I chose to have and pay.
Once I realized this (although it seems painfully obvious), I was able to choose to spend my money on a coaching program. I simply chose to reallocate funds. I’m not saying it was easy. It was certainly a sacrifice but it was of my choosing.
The same thing applies to time. You choose how you spend it. You can also choose to reallocate your 24 hours you are given each day.
Learning how to eliminate these two excuses changed my life. It requires 100% personal responsibility and it is so freeing!
I personally know how challenging this concept is. If you want help in eliminating these two excuses from your life, I can most definitely help you with that. I am living proof. Don’t even think about using excuse 1 or 2. Just contact me so we can get you moving forward.
Vicki
855-8NO-FEAR
vicki@mykickasscoach.com





Embrace Emotional Pain

by Vicki Garcia on August 6, 2013
Martha Beck quote
We all try to avoid emotional pain. What we don’t always realize is that trying to avoid it only prolongs it. Also, when we try to avoid emotional discomfort, we lose the benefit from it. Yes, you read that correctly. I said, ‘benefit’.
The benefit of riding out emotional pain is that it leaves you with something valuable and new. A new, open (raw) side of you that you may not be aware of. It is in this space that we can grow.
Yes, it’s uncomfortable. However, it is important to remember that it’s also temporary. Lean in, ride it out, embrace it and let it work it’s magic on you.
Keep yourself open to what you might learn or how you might see things differently after experiencing your pain. This is called personal growth and it is so worth the temporary discomfort.


Never stay down

July 12, 2013
Read the full article →

You Have The Power…

May 30, 2013
Thumbnail image for You Have The Power… It’s true! You have the power to banish these evils from your life. Which one plagues you most often? Which one keeps you up at night? Start with that one. Choose to conquer it on a daily basis until it is no longer an ongoing issue for you. Need help? Contact me today for a [...]
Read the full article →

Is Your 5 Minutes Up?

May 7, 2013
Thumbnail image for Is Your 5 Minutes Up? Don’t be the one who exceeds the limit today!
Read the full article →

Who Do You Spend Your Time With?

March 19, 2013
Thumbnail image for Who Do You Spend Your Time With? Do you surround yourself with people who hold the same opinions that you do? Do they always say what you want to hear? Do they agree with you? This may not be a good thing. Surround yourself with people who challenge you to change your opinion, who disagree with you. Spend time with people who [...]
Read the full article →

Are You Wishing or Living?

March 15, 2013
Thumbnail image for Are You Wishing or Living? When you are in the past or the future, you are not living your life. Your life is now. This very moment. Not yesterday or tomorrow. Have you decided you’ll really be happy when ______________? Fill in the blank. Choose to live now. Choose to be happy now. That blank you filled in may never [...]
Read the full article →

What CAN You Do?

March 12, 2013
Thumbnail image for What CAN You Do? We spend so much time ruminating on what we can’t do that we tend to forget what we CAN do. In any given moment, all you need to do is focus on what you CAN do and then do it. You will move forward and life will be so much less stressful. When you feel [...]
Read the full article →

1 comment:

  1. Installment loans bad credit no credit check is considered to be an easiest way for the applicant having stained credit ratings for availing the funds .individual for availing the funds through this are not require to go through any process of credit verification.
    6 month cash advance loans
    installment loans for people with bad credit
    500 Loans UK

    ReplyDelete