Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Live life again? What would you do?

 

If You Were Able to Live Your Life Anew, What Would You Do?



Today we are at the beginning of a new week and a new month. Why not also deciding to be at the beginning of a new life from today on? Before it might be too late?! Why to possibly regret later in life that we have not really done what we´ve always had aspired to do? Why wasting time?

We are always on the go, there is not enough time to rest and no time to contemplate. Yes, we might be successful on the job, but what´s the prize we´re paying for it? Do we, do you, invest enough time for a fulfilling private life?

Invest 5 minutes in yourself by reading the following, beautiful poet - called “Instants“ - by Jorge Luis Borges. Afterwards please close your eyes for a couple of minutes and enjoy the words, sentences, and related thoughts:

“If I were able to live my life anew,
In the next I would try to commit more errors.
I would not try to be so perfect,
I would relax more.

I would be more foolish than I´ve been,
In fact, I would take few things seriously.
I would be less hygienic.
I would run more risks.

I would take more vacations,
Contemplate more sunsets,
Climb more mountains, swim more rivers.

I would go to more places where I´ve never been,
I would eat more ice cream and fewer beans,
I would have more real problems and less imaginary ones.

I was one of those people that lived sensibly
And prolifically each minute of this life;
Of course I had moments of happiness.

If I could go back I would try
To have only good moments.

Because if you didn´t know, of that is life made:
Only of moments; Don´t lose the now.

I was one of those that never
Went anywhere without a thermometer,
A hot-water bottle,
An umbrella, and a parachute;
If I could live again, I would travel lighter.

If I could live again,
I would begin to walk barefoot from the beginning of spring
And I would continue barefoot until autumn ends.
I would take more cart rides,
Contemplate more dawns,
And play with more children,
If I had another life ahead of me.

But already you see, I am 85,
And I know that I am dying.“

If you were able to live your life anew, what would you do differently? Will you be brave enough to do it? To change it? At least some parts of it?

If you liked this article, you will also like:

The Single Most Essential Building Block of Success
Re-invent Yourself with Neurosciences

10 Principles for personal and professional Growth


If you like this post, please share it and please click the FOLLOW button above for more great posts from Andreas.
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/CGC-Consumer-Goods-Retail-Wholesale-4403118
https://de-de.facebook.com/ConsumerGoodsClub
https://twitter.com/ConsumGoodsClub


No comments:

Post a Comment