Monday, June 10, 2013

Social media Icons for realtor websites

Rothwell, Broker Owner REALTOR®
Today, while giving my new website a dry run (means, it's out there but I am not ready to announce it and still tweeking it this weekend), I came across all the social media icons on the footer. I had given Chad, my webguru from WebsiteBox, all my user names so he could link them up. At least those that I am registered with.
But now I am wondering, what will the public find when they click on them?
Sad to say, even though I'm on GOOGLE PLUS and LINKEDIN and a bunch of others including TWITTER, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and BLOGGER, and have a lot of people contacting me to "follow" them one way or another, I have not done anything but "approve" them to come into my "circle" or whatever. Must say I have given more time to GOOGLE PLUS, because ACTIVERAIN makes it easy for me to link my AR blogs.
But FLKR and VIMEO? Have never even been there and they are on my website, so I better (note to self) at least set up a page.
But even though I take these social media sites lightly, other professionals out there do take them seriously. This was brought home to me the other day when I was at the orientation session at the Honolulu Board of REALORS. One of the participants came up to me and wanted to connect on LINKEDIN. We had a short discussion where I said that I really wasn't doing much with Linkedin, but how about Activerain. Well, he got a blank stare on his face re AR and said "but everyone here is on Linkedin."
GOOD FOR THEM, I THOUGHT, BUT I'D RATHER BE ON ACTIVERAIN (MY THOUGHT).
However, I am obviously missing a market "here" in Hawaii. If "everyone" is really on LINKEDIN, so be it, and I will pay more attention to it.
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE VARIOUS SOCIAL MEDIA, AND IS IT BRINGING YOU BUSINESS?

I specialize in oceanfront and oceanview property in California and Hawaii.
_________________________________________________________________
Hella Mitschke Rothwell (R)
Real Estate Broker/Owner/Realtor®
Licensed in California #01772851 & Hawaii #RB-21268
Tel. 808-226-1095 or 831-626-4000
Fax 1-877-822-9332
California: 1301-B Northcrest Drive. #54, Crescent City, CA 95531
Hawaii: 1128 Ala Napunani Street, #1809, Honolulu, HI 96818
Email: HellaRothwell@gmail.com
www.hellarothwell.com for Del Norte County, CA
www.93921.com for Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA

1 comment:

  1. To sum up, car loans for people on social security are easy and affordable loan schemes which give you comforts along with cash. Getting such timely monetary aids is the best way to meet all your sudden expenses without any hassle, Please visit

    debt consolidation loans for personal loans
    same day loans for people on benefits
    auto loans for students.

    ReplyDelete