Friday, June 7, 2013

No whine zone heidi

May 302013

Whine Free Zone


Years ago, when I was running my real estate business, I came across a wonderful small sign that I kept on my desk to remind others and me that complaining about business conditions was not helpful. It looked something like this:
Recently I was talking to my new agent, Wilene Dunn about market conditions. As my ‘lead’ sales agent, we were talking about upcoming opportunities and I expressed my concern about the direction of the keynote industry in general and my place in it. Now Wilene has a wonderful dry wit and sense of humor. Without missing a beat she said just two words: “Stop it.” She delivered the line perfectly and it just what I needed to hear. Later she sent me a very funny video clip from Bob Newhart (remember him?). In it, he humorously ‘helps’ a woman who is suffering from all sorts of fears, phobias and concerns. For your chuckle today, here is the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw
Now I am not a comedian, however I am a keynote speaker. In addition to educating sales people and business owners on how to improve their prospect-to-client sales conversion rates, part of my job is to inspire audiences to reach for more, to continue even when times are tough and they are discouraged. Here is a short clip (under 2 minutes) with ideas that come from one of my keynotes, “Blast Past Your Competition.” Would love to have you leave comments on what you do to keep from being discouraged when sales are not going your way. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur0NeV9LnrA&list=UUGMU-EbVP9ZYkKls_yY_tBg
Yours,
http://gallery.mailchimp.com/45c9875b7fa74ba7d185b5f1a/images/Heidi_Signature.png
Heidi BK Sloss
Marketing Strategist & Follow-Up Expert
Best-Selling Author of Fortune is in the Follow-Up®
hsloss@heidisloss.com
www.heidisloss.com
650-248-1545

No comments:

Post a Comment