Saturday, June 1, 2013

Three points to be successful

I am not much of an advocate of Seminars on how to improve my business, I find them all to be basically the same. But everyone once in a while one comes along that actually makes sense and offers good common sense advice. Such was the case with a Seminar that I attended several years ago titled CloseMore. Jack Davis was one of the speakers at the Seminar, and only talked about Three Simple Points To Be Successful And Increase Business, but his three points made sense then, and continue to make since today
Everyone in attendance at the Seminar were Loan Originators, but the three points that Jack made need to be applied by everyone in business, especially those in Sales. Jacks first point was that we needed to be in the truth business. Our Clients want us to say what we will do, and do what we say. We have to be a people of our word. Our Clients want to trust and be confident that there will not be any last minute surprises. People will make their decision to do business with us, because they trust and have confidence in us, and not what our selling price or interest rate might be. If they trust and have confidence in us, then everything else is secondary.
Jack's second point was that we need to be visible. We need to keep our Clients informed of everything during a transaction, and be there to answer their questions honestly. After the transaction, we need to stay in touch, and make sure that our Clients know that we are there to continue to answer their questions, and to help them with any future transactions that they may have. We need to continue to show our Clients that we care, and that the transaction that we completed is not the end of our relationship. This means that we need to have a plan in place to market to our past Clients as well as our future Clients.
Jack's third and final point was that the single biggest complaint Clients have is that their phone calls are not returned. He stated that we have to be the first to respond, if we are the first, we will probably be the one that gets the business. I knew this because I have experienced it, but it is something that we need to be reminded of over and over again. I have been told many times by Clients when they are doing a Mortgage with me, that they chose me because I called them right away, and others did not. What I did not know was the percentage that Jack stated of Loan Originators that DO NOT return calls promptly. He stated that research shows 80% of all Loan Originators do not return their calls in the same day, and some even go days before returning their phone calls. I would say that with the fewer number of Loan Originators in the business today, that percentage is probably high, but it is a figure that has stuck with me since them. If returning phone calls promptly is an issue with Loan Originator, I would say it is a safe bet it is an issue with other Sales People as well.
Jack's Three Simple Points To Be Successful And Increase Business are easy to follow, and simple to apply to any business. These three principles are a permanent part of my business, and I would highly suggest that you make them a part of yours as well. These Three Simple Points To Be Successful And Increase Business are in my opinion among the important keys to achieving success.

No comments:

Post a Comment