Monday, June 17, 2013

More FB tips from Heidi Sloss and Chrystal Bourgon

Jun 092013
Last week I posted half of Chrystal Bougon’s “My 19 Tips for Engaging your Facebook Fans on Your Business Page”. Here are the rest of her tips and remember, don’t get overwhelmed. Pick a few and do them well before moving onto the next. And please check out my Facebook Business page–leave a comment if you like these tips! Which ones worked for you? Which ones didn’t. Be sure and let Chrystal know that you read about her tips on my blog!
Yours,
Heidi
12. *Use tools* like Hootsuite or Post Planner to schedule your posts. Facebook also has a tool to send your posts out in the future. Set up a bunch of posts a day or two in advance so you are consistent when you are too busy and can’t post. (You can also post to FACEBOOK in the future. Meaning you can set up posts to post for you when you are on vacation or away from your computer. It’s called POST LATER.)
13. *“Boost” your great posts.* Facebook now use the word “Boost Post” to invite you to pay them to promote your post for you. I usually do a “Boost Post” for $4.99 and I do it when I post a picture of a new lingerie item. I ALWAYS tag my photo with my store information and I also always tag the location of that photo with my store info. I always include my telephone number and address in the text of my post, too. That way when it’s shared widely or it goes viral – all of my contact information is there.
14. *“Sponsored Stories”* from Facebook is GOLDEN. You can only run “Sponsored Stories” style ads if you have more than 400 fans on your page. When you pay for a sponsored story, you are paying to show up in the feed of your fans’ friends. And, Facebook ads are VERY affordable. You can really drill down to zip codes which is great for brick and mortars. You can really get very specific so you do not waste money advertising to people who are not your target demographic.
15. *Educate *your raving fans a bit about how Facebook works. Most of them have no idea how all of this works, so even just sharing with them a bit about how they can help you goes a long ways, too.
16. *Have fun with it. * Share your success stories. Ask customers to vote on your product selections you might buy for your store. Ask for their opinion. Tell them about your crazy customer interactions. Tell them about your hobbies. Share with them how awesome your employees are. Ask for their feedback. Ask them what they would like more of to give you ideas for future posts.
17. *Be grateful.* Show your gratitude and thank them often. Good manners goes a long way in the social media world.
18. *Create an Interest List.* Get together with other businesses you network with and create a Facebook Interest list. An Interest List is a way to aggregate several businesses into one feed. If you and some of your friends or other business owners participate, you can each take 5 minutes a day and LIKE, SHARE and COMMENT on each other’s posts. It keeps your posts in your “likers” feed and it puts your business in front of their FRIENDS. (Only people can participate in the LIKING on an Interest List. But, you can add your business to the feed. But you as people LIKE, SHARE and COMMENT.)
19. *Hire someone to help you!* People often ask me how I get so much done in a day. Well, I have help. I work with a company that “ghost” posts for two of my pages. They also “ghost” tweets for me. They do all of this as ‘me.’ I made them an ADMIN on my page which allows them to post transparently as me and helps me keep up with my sites on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus. It’s very affordable and worth every penny.
Bonus Ideas:
People often tell me that they have difficulty thinking of what to share. They feel like they do not have enough to post three times a day. There are so many ways to come up with great content. Google Alerts is a great tool. I set all sort of alerts for topics related to Curvy Girls, lingerie, sex toys, romance, favorite products, etc.
I also have a personal discipline I put into place a few years ago. I keep a log of any question a customer asks me. It can be anything from “what are your hours” or “where is your store” to heavier more detailed questions like “I am married 20 years. How do I spice up my sex life?” Any question that one person asks, it is likely that another dozen want the same answer. So I keep those in my rotation and I pay attention to the questions that get asked and think of them as fabulous content to post on my various social media sites.
I hope you enjoyed this guest post from my friend Chrystal Bougron, owner of Curvy Girl Lingerie, the Bay Area’s first and only Plus Size lingerie store in Willow Glen. Check out Chrystal’s website www.facebook.com/curvygirlinc and tell her you saw her post on my blog.
PS: Check out my Facebook Business Page and let me know which tips worked for your Facebook Business Page or leave a comment below with your favorite ones!

1 comment:

  1. To sum up, fast loans for people on disability are easy and affordable loan schemes which give you comforts along with cash. Getting such timely monetary aids is the best way to meet all your sudden expenses without any hassle, Please visit

    online loans for poor credit rating
    quick loans for people on dss
    instant loans for the unemployed.

    ReplyDelete