Sunday, May 5, 2013

Thanks Coach Vicki I needed this- tell a different story


Wow, we are already on tool 6!  Did you know there were so many wonderful ways to master your mindset and change your life?  I know I've said this about 20 times now....but.....the tools don't work if you don't use them.  Just sayin.

 

Tool #6 - Tell A Different Story

 

We are defined by the stories we tell ourselves.  Now, the word, "story" does not imply that it isn't true.  It just means that continuing to focus on it will not empower you.

 

For instance, maybe your story is that things are hard.  Life is hard.  Why can't things ever be easy?  I had a crappy childhood and now I'm having a crappy adulthood as a result.  Nothing will ever change because things are hard and I can't do hard things.  Blah, blah, blah!

 

You are DEFINED by the story you are telling yourself.  Do you hear that?  What story are you letting define you and every decision you make?

 

Figure out what your recurring stories are (do this by listening to what comes out of your mouth regularly and your self-talk) and once you find the dis-empowering ones, change them.  Change your story to something that empowers you and makes you feel good.

 

What about this:  Life is sometimes a challenge and I'm up to the challenge.  If life didn't have challenges it would be pretty boring.  I am now an emotional adult and I do not have to react to challenges like an emotional child.  I have tons of evidence that I can handle the hard stuff.  Look at all the examples I have of when I have done something hard and felt so proud because I did it.

 

Doesn't that feel so much better than the first story?  It's truly that simple.  Decide to change your story to one that makes you feel good.

 

You get to be the hero in your story.  :)

Vicki 

 

ps - "I don't have time" and "I don't have money" are two of the biggest, crappiest stories (excuses) we tell.  What if you changed THAT story? 

 





  

 


  





  




No comments:

Post a Comment