Tuesday, May 28, 2013

3 Reasons to use WordPress as a website - do you agree?


03

3 Reasons You Should Be Using WordPress as a Website

WordPress is not just for blogs anymore. It used to be when you wanted to create a blog, WordPress was the best option to easily create a blog and start writing posts. Today WordPress is used, not only for blogging, but also for full websites. If you are thinking of redesigning your website, you should consider using WordPress as your platform.
When I begin working with a new client, very often I find they have a website they had built 3 or 4 years ago. They paid a designer thousands of dollars for it, and it seemed good at the time. But now, when they want to make changes, it costs them big dollars because they need to pay the designer each time they make a change. I also find that they can't seem to get their website to rank in Google. This is because they would need to have an SEO expert go into their site and make lots of changes to make it Google-friendly. Sound familiar? I always recommend they redesign with WordPress.
Here are the main reason I recommend WordPress to my clients.
1. Easy DIY
WordPress is an easy-to-use platform. If you would like to create a website yourself, but do not know how to code HTML, WordPress is a good option for you. There are many online tutorials about how to use WordPress to build a website. With WordPress, there is no need to know how to code. It really is possible to create your own website, and save thousands of dollars. When I opened TekkBuzz.com, I did not have a budget to pay for a website. I figured I would try to make my own. If I failed at it, then I would pay someone else to do it. I was delighted to find out how easy it was to learn WordPress. I paid $0.00 to have my website designed.
2. No Expensive Web Maintenance
Once you have created a website with WordPress, it is very easy for you to make changes any time you want. For instance, if your phone number changes, you can easily go into your WordPress website and make the change today. If you want to change whole pages on your site, WordPress can do it easily and quidkly. You won't need to call a designer and pay hundreds of dollars for every change.
Today there are many WordPress themes that give your site a sophisticated design. You no longer can tell just by looking at a site that it is a WordPress site. Many theme designers have become very sophisticated in creating a theme that is easy to use and looks as professional as any HTML coded website. By using a theme, and customizing it to fit your business, you aren't starting from scratch when you begin your website design. Templates save you a lot of time and get you up and running more quickly.
3. Search Engine Optimization
One of the biggest advantages of using WordPress is the SEO features. WordPress is designed to easily work with Google so that when you create a page or a blog post, it is easy to put keywords into the blog post in the right places. You don't even need to know much about search engine optimization. WordPress does most of the work for you.
There are plug-ins that are specifically designed to help with SEO. One of that my favorite plug-ins is called "All-In-One SEO". When you install this plug-in, it provides fields for you to enter keyword information. If you fill out these fields each time you write a blog post, and pay attention to using good keywords, you will quickly rise to the top of Google for your keywords.
When I first began blogging, I did not know as much about SEO as I do now. I just began writing blog posts and using good titles. Without even knowing it, my blog was rising to the top of many Google searches. Many months later when I learned more about search engine optimization, I discovered many of my blog posts were already ranking very highly. I attribute this entirely to WordPress. Without WordPress, none of my blog posts would have been ranking a few weeks after I began my blog. That is why I say SEO is the number one reason you should be using WordPress. What good is a great blog if no one can find it to read it? Search engine optimization allows Google to find your blog and put it at the top of the list in searches.
When I opened my business four years ago, I built my first website using HTML code. I will never do that again. It took me weeks to create and was ugly. No one came to see it because Google couldn't find it. I couldn't make changes quickly, so as a result it got outdated very quickly.
WordPress has been much much easier to use to create a good website that I can run myself. I have saved thousands of dollars in the process. And learning WordPress was not difficult. If you are able to write an email, you will be able to follow tutorials to create your own WordPress website.
Related posts:
  1. 4 Reasons You Should Use WordPress for Your Blog
  2. Tekkbuzz Podcast 7: – Angela Wills – Checklists for Using WordPress
  3. 5 Reasons To Blog for Business
  4. Can Social Networking Drive More Traffic to Your Website?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

No comments:

Post a Comment