Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Winning tax strategies for the one-owner business


 

Unsubscribe    I    Mobile Version    I    Web Version    I    Share with a Friend

 

We've written articles before that explained how you can rent your personal residence to your S corporation (or C corporation). Rent it out for 14 days or less and you could get some really nice tax benefits. For starters:
  • Your S corporation will get a tax deduction that flows through to you on the K-1, and . . .
  • You receive tax-free income from the rental
Does this sound too good to be true? Well, it is true and I've received a lot of email asking questions about this great deduction. So here are straight answers to great questions about this outstanding deal that Uncle Sam has to offer. You'll find them in my brand new article titled Tax-Free Rental of Personal Home to Owner's S Corp., Q&A.
 
Six questions and a quick click to the answers:
 
Question #1: Must the S corporation issue a 1099 to the homeowner renter? You'll get the answer when you Read the FREE article.
 
Question #2: Since the income is tax free, how do I, as the S corporation owner, deal with Form 1099 that I get from my corporation for its rental of my personal residence? You'll get the answer when you Read the FREE article.
 
Question #3: If a husband and a wife each own an S corporation, can they both rent the family home to their corporations for 14 days or less and thus pick up 28 days (or less) of tax-free income? You'll get the answer when you Read the FREE article.
 
Question #4: I'm a real estate broker who operates as an S corporation with 30 independent-contractor real estate agents. Can I hold educational sessions in my home under the 14 days-or-less rental strategy? You'll get the answer when you Read the FREE article.
 
Question #5: If I rent my home to my corporation for our employee holiday party and summer picnic, do I report the expense on my corporate tax return in the employee benefit section? You’ll get the answer when you Read the FREE article.
 
Question #6: Is it necessary to prepare an agreement between the owner and the S corporation for the use of the owner's personal home for these events? You'll get the answer when you Read the FREE article.
 
To get started, CLICK HERE. You'll get a no-obligation 7-day FREE trial during which you can read, not only the article I mentioned above, but all of our helpful tax-saving tips from the last two months. This trial is absolutely free and there are no strings attached. That’s a personal promise.

Sincerely,
 
W. Murray Bradford, CPA
Publisher
Tax Reduction Letter

www.bradfordtaxinstitute.com
 
 

 

Bradford Tax Institute
 
Editorial: 1701 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Suite 300  ·  Washington, DC 20006
Operations: 7 Mount Lassen Drive, Suite C258  ·  San Rafael, CA 94903
If you wish to unsubscribe to this email, please click here

 

7 Mount Lassen Drive, Suite C258, San Rafael, CA 94903


No comments:

Post a Comment