Saturday, May 11, 2013

what motivates you

Yesterday we had a big sales meeting to announce a change to our mobile website for home searching. We also went over the top selling individuals and teams (our team was #3!!!), our broker talked about motivation and where we find it, and then had a very nice salad bar spread for lunch.
As I was piling up my salad I overheard two agents talking about motivation. One of them said that they really need sales meetings and training classes to get motivated. The other moaned and said that sometimes she needs motivated to get out of bed, let alone get out there and "SELL SELL SELL."
It got me thinking...
If you aren't motivated, why are you in THIS business? You are helping people with one of the largest investments they are making in their lives.
You are guiding a young couple through the home buying process that know NOTHING about how it works.
You are listing, marketing, and selling somebody's home. A place where they have lived for the first 10 years of their adult lives. A place where their 3 kids were born. They are trusting you and only you.
And you can't get motivated for that???
The Good Lord blessed me with something I cherish. Well, most of the time. He blessed me with an obsessive gene. A fire within. A constant need to be better.
I wake up every morning motivated and ready to go. I don't always have a plan for how the day is going to go. I don't sell the most real estate in the entire universe. I am not a "Rock Star Realtor." Whatever the hell that is.
I'm just a dude that has a fire in his belly to get better and better every single day.
Sometimes it's a curse because I have a terrible time turning my brain off, but in this business, my obsessive personality and drive is a good thing.
Maybe I'm motivated to prove some of the nay sayers wrong. Maybe I'm motivated because I want to help people. Maybe I'm motivated because I want to make my son proud of me. Maybe it's to provide for my family, buy my wife nice things, or to travel.
Or all of the above.
If I'm buying a home, I want my Realtor to be motivated. Same thing goes for selling. Just my two cents for the day.
What motivates YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment