Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Teddy Burris transformation time- keith ferrazzi

Teddy Burriss's Transformation




Submitted by:
Teddy Burriss
I read your book Never Eat Alone in 2006 while I was "discovering" what I really should be doing in life. At that time I was an IT Business Developer, gripping and grinning my way through every networking event I could, collecting business cards and cold calling anyone I could.
I studied Dale Carnegie and Ralph Waldo Emerson's writings during this discovery phase as well. After learning what you shared in Never Eat Alone, as well as what I learned from How to Win Friends & Influence People, I began scheduling coffee, sweet tea and "soda" with as many people as I could each week, with the primary intent of connecting and building relationships.
I spent time talking with these business leaders, professionals and giving people. During our conversations, I learned from all of them that building relationships was the key to their success in life, career and business. During this discovery phase of my life I realized that I was not an IT professional, rather I am a coach and trainer, some say motivational speaker, yet I am not a big fan of this later phrase.
Furthermore, because of what I learned from your book and my Dale Carnegie training, I determined that I am a networking strategist focused on helping others first and reaping the unexpected rewards as a result of my giving.
Today I give away 50% of my time every day, focused in the Job Search Groups around the Triad area of North Carolina. The other 50% of my time, I train the world how to "Network for Mutual Benefit" (book has been published) and how to "Use Social Media to build Relationships," (book nearly done). I do this work through community colleges, universities, businesses and nonprofit organizations.
The bottom line is I am doing rewarding work and having the time of my life. I have a debt of appreciation to you, my Dale Carnegie coach and the fabulous people I meet on a daily basis who have convinced me that giving is the core activity of any success. I have turned this "transformational story" into a public presentation titled, "Why me Lord?" because I am so blessed and grateful for what God has allowed me to become. Thanks for letting me share.
Teddy




Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment