Friday, September 21, 2012

Doreen Yun rock star for design she digs purple

Purple Glass

Hello and welcome to Windows and Beyond’s first blog post of 2012! I will be sharing my inspirations and window makeovers with you twice a month. I hope you enjoy and feel motivated to beautify your own living space.
For this first makeover I want to share with you, I found inspiration in the client’s love of purple. She desired a softer, more romantic look, so we played around with design to achieve this goal. After pouring over several catalogs, we found this gorgeous hand blown glass and instantly fell in love. This would become our focal point.
Here is the window before the treatment, bare and in need of a little TLC, don’t you think?
After drafting a few different designs, the client and I finally agreed this draft was best!
For the top treatment, we used 8 yards of purple silk the client bought from France. The design needed 11 yards though, so 3 yards of a different textured fabric in a similar color completed the 2 swags.
And here is the transformation!
I invite you to follow me into this new year full of inspired designs!
Doreen

No comments:

Post a Comment