Thursday, December 1, 2011

Daniel Pink a boss who says thanks are you one?

A boss who says thanks

Any time a marketing guy sends an email about how awesome his boss is, I react with an emotion that registers somewhere between deep suspicion and utter disregard.

But earlier this month I received a note from Christopher Jensen, Marketing Team Lead for Modern Survey, whose CEO President, Don MacPherson, I happen to know.

Jensen’s story rang true. So, on this day before a U.S. holiday devoted to gratitude, I’m sharing it with you:
Don always says that Thanksgiving is his favorite day of the year. Unlike most of us, he spends it at the office. In fact, he comes in early and starts calling each employee and telling them how much they mean to him and to Modern Survey and he cites specific examples of their exemplary work. I have to admit, on my first Thanksgiving after I joined Modern Survey, when I saw a call coming from the office, I got a little nervous. Something had to be wrong, right? Nope. Just Don calling to fill me up with kind words.

After he gets through calling all of Modern Survey’s employees, he moves on to clients, thanking them for their support and loyalty, and finally friends and family members with personal touches about how they’ve helped him become the person that he is today.

I’ve never had a boss like that. Nor have I ever done anything like that myself. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment