Sunday, July 17, 2011

Here is a post from keith Ferrazzi http://www.keithferrazzi.com/

Assertive Ask Can Land You a Job
Posted on July 12th, 2011 by Keith Ferrazzi
Once a month I'll be presenting a stellar success story from someone who has read my books or participated in the Relationship Masters Academy. This month's story comes from Terence Kirby and highlights how a little audacity can lead to a lot of success. Terence is the VP of Sales & Marketing at School Gate Guardian. He tweets @KeepSchoolsSafe.-KF
"Right out of college, I was one of about 75 candidates for a pretty good sales job.  For whatever reason, the owner of the company and I hit it off.  He promised me I would be one of five follow-up interviews and that he would contact me no later than Monday of the following week.
Monday came and went and I started getting nervous that I was wrong that we had hit it off, and that he was just being polite.  I still had not heard from him by Wednesday so I called him and asked him point blank if he still intended to have me back for a follow-up interview. His response was yes; he would call back by the end of the week to schedule. I took a deep breath and simply said, 'Since I have you on the phone right now, why don't we just go ahead and schedule that meeting?'
Since this was for a sales position this seemed to be the right thing to say since it's a situation I'd be likely to face in the field – you're often promised sales presentations by prospective customers when they never intend to meet with you.  He seemed to like the way I went about this and said, 'Sure, let's meet for lunch at my favorite restaurant this Friday and we will talk about the position'.  I got the job that Friday.  He later told me that by me forcing the appointment on him he felt I was the right candidate for the job.  As you can see below I am now the VP of Sales & Marketing for a successful software company.  Thanks for the reminder for success!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. Urgent Loans For Bad Credit have been invented for this type of borrowers. This is a financial service where there is no more difficulty in the imperfect credit.
    90 Day Installment Loans
    Loans For Disabled People On Benefits
    Quick Short Term Loans

    ReplyDelete