Thursday, February 9, 2012

From my friend Vicki garcia aka your kick ass coach

Sometimes we just don't believe or trust that we can be successful in a particular area.  We tell ourselves things like, "I can't" or "I've never been good at that" or "I don't make good decisions for myself" or "I need help.  I can't do it by myself"..  

The truth is, you can find whatever evidence you need to back up any claim.  You find what you are looking for.  So, why not focus on finding the evidence that says you can be successful in whatever you endeavor?

What proof do you have that you CAN do it?  Think of examples from your past when you did something even though it was challenging.  Things like, graduating from college - that took perseverance and focus.  What about raising kids?  That takes immense skill and commitment.  What about a past job that you excelled at?  What about a physical obstacle that you overcame or a physical challenge that you stepped up to?

I know if you think about it you can find evidence that shows that you have what it takes to do anything you set your mind to.  Yes, you have experienced setbacks and failures.  We all have.  Don't focus on the times it didn't go the way you wanted. You learned from it and now you're even more prepared to be successful this time.

Practice building evidence that you have what it takes and with it, self-trust.  I challenge you to find at least 10 pieces of Success Evidence.  If you're having a hard time with it, enlist the help of a friend or family member who knows you well.  I promise you have way more than 10 pieces of evidence to the fact that you are awesome and can do anything you set your mind to.

No comments:

Post a Comment